@NetSuite SRP vs. SAP Business ByDesign: Top Ten Differentiators
June 25, 2012 Cortez No comments
- NetSuite is the world’s #1 cloud ERP solution. SAP has incurred cloud product recalls, product terminations, and numerous product delays – customers should be skeptical.
- NetSuite supports large and growing services firms. NetSuite is truly scalable to large enterprises with unique features such as resource allocation grids, expense caps, overrides, etc.
- NetSuite provides the most advanced project invoicing. NetSuite’s flexible revenue recognition and project billing cannot be matched (i.e. multiple rules on a per-project basis).
- NetSuite provides comprehensive visibility into projects. It is more difficult in SAP BByD to navigate from global project views, to project outlines, to the individual task level.
- NetSuite supports advanced resource management workflows. It is more difficult to allocate project resources in SAP (i.e. book specific or generic resources in booking requests).
- NetSuite includes powerful project budgeting features. NetSuite provides stronger and more intuitive project budget control, budget accounting, and budget development. Or instead can we say – “Flexible budgeting allows insightful planned vs. actuals reporting”
- NetSuite dramatically lowers operational risk. Unlike SAP BByD, NetSuite offers a financially-backed uptime SLA, certification of security processes, and proven scalability.
- NetSuite better supports multi-national service firms. Firms that require real-time financial consolidation, inter-company resource management, and divisional budgeting choose NetSuite.
- SAP BByD’s closed architecture limits integration support. NetSuite’s standards-based, open architecture enables greater connectivity to existing systems (i.e. financials, MS Project, etc.).
- SAP BByD is not easily customized. NetSuite supports rapid configuration of processes, interfaces, roles, and reports so that customers are up and running faster.
Perhaps this is why so many next-generation software leaders choose NetSuite for their cloud ERP platform?
Why Professional Service Organizations Prefer NetSuite
|Robust service modeling support||– Only NetSuite enables organizations to model “what-if” scenarios to optimize price, billing rates, staffing, and utilization. This can dramatically improve overall project profitability.|
|Advanced resource and skills management||– NetSuite goes beyond basic employee information storage and provides employee skills tracking and search support so you can put the right person on the right project at the right time.|
|Automated service process workflows||– NetSuite provides service organizations with sophisticated workflow and multi-level approval processes that allow for organizational control of data integrity.|
|Real-time professional service analytics||– NetSuite provides over 100 pre-configured reports and dashboards specifically for professional services organizations to improve service delivery and business management.|
|Global project management||– NetSuite goes beyond task and resource management to enable organizations to effectively manage service businesses worldwide with global teams from different subsidiaries on a single project and support full multi-currency functionality.|
|Flexible billing||– NetSuite project accounting billing engine and automated rules provide flexibility in managing client billing, handling both fixed-fee and time and material billing on the same project.|
|Easy to integrate with other source systems||– Unlike SAP, NetSuite provides powerful and flexible integration capabilities e to optimize existing IT assets (i.e. Financials, CRM, and Project Management).|
For case studies that prove the power of NetSuite, visit here.
For a free product demo to see just what NetSuite can do for you, click here.